The past couple of days sum up protesters heading for the Saudi consulate in Istanbul
More than two weeks after the disappearance of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi has Riyadh admitted that the critic of the regime is dead. Eighteen suspects would be arrested.
The official Saudi news agency Spa reported on Friday, that Khashoggi, the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in a ‘brawl’ involved was ‘different persons’. In a vervolgverklaring, issued by the Saudi ministry of Foreign Affairs, state that a discussion between Khashoggi and the staff of the consulate out of hand. “That led to a fight, and eventually to his death. Then tried concerned the facts to cover up’, reads the statement.
The American president Donald Trump showed on Friday, in a first reaction means that he that reading of the facts ‘believable’. “It is a first step in the right direction. I think that we are close to the solution for a big problem”, said Trump.
The Turkish authorities assume, however, that Khashoggi was killed by a vijftienkoppig command that specially from Saudi Arabia to Istanbul had gone. There is also a case of a sound recording which is heard how Khashoggi is tortured and beheaded.
Trump said Friday that he has ‘some questions’ in the death of the journalist. He will therefore have to engage in a call with crown prince Mohammed bin Salman. The Us president said previously that he does not intend the Saudi regime, economic sanctions, since that “more than a million American jobs would cost’. The trade between the United States and Saudi Arabia, including weapons, is good for about 450 billion dollars.
‘Saudi Arabia is a key ally in the region, as a counterweight against Iran. It is not the easiest situation, ” said Trump.
Fifteen witnesses summoned
Khashoggi wanted on 2 October, in the consulate in Istanbul papers in order pay for his upcoming marriage. Since that day, nothing more of him heard. He was a strong critic of, among others, crown prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Friday dagvaardde the Turkish public prosecutor has already several employees of the Saudi consulate as witnesses. The official Turkish news agency Anadolu reported that the fifteen Turks, among whom a chauffeur, a bookkeeper and a technician from the consulate.
The Saudi agency Spa reported that the deputy head of intelligence, general Ahmed al-Asiri, in the aftermath of the facts was dismissed. Also royal advisor, Saud al-Qahtani was the laan issued, what it sounds like. Their dismissal seems to be an attempt to crown prince Bin Salman, out of the wind to convert.
United Nations shocked
The secretary-general of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, said in a press release, “very shocked by the confirmation of the death of Khashogggi’.
‘A fast, deep and transparent investigation into the circumstances of his death are needed now’, emphasises Guterres. “The managers must quickly be obliged to be accountable for their actions.’