Also during the second training session has Lewis Hamilton in the rain at the circuit of The Americas, the fastest time ridden. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne drove the eighth time.
Ahead of FP2, the Safety Car is dipping a toe in the water #USGP ??? #F1 pic.twitter.com/VG8Du11WDH
— Formula 1 (@F1) October 19, 2018
Also, the second training session for the GP of the USA went on a wet track start. It was raining heavily and only halfway through the session we saw the first cars, the job setting. The heavy rain also meant no good news for the belgian Stoffel Vandoorne. That was during the first training session after his car to give it to Lando Norris. Vandoorne lost almost a full Friday, and will be especially on Saturday should look to prepare for qualifying and the race.
And we’re off! @svandoorne heads out for some laps around @COTA. He’s on the Wet tyre, which you probably could have guessed. ???§ #USGP pic.twitter.com/NN5eK8fZEJ
— McLaren (@McLarenF1) October 19, 2018
Ultimately, it was again Lewis Hamilton during the second exercise session the fastest time let record for Pierre Gasly in the Toro Rosso and Max Verstappen in the Red Bull. By the heavy rain and the limited number of laps driven was the lap times, however, difficult to interpret and not at all representative.
1. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:48.716 3
2. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1:49.728 +1.012 10
3. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:49.798 +1.082 5
4. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren 1:51.728 +eur 3,012 3
5. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault 1:52.208 +3.492 6
6. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 1:52.505 +3.789 19
7. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1:53.070 +4.354 9
8. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:53.354 +4.638 10
9. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:53.443 +4.727 7
10. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:53.912 +5.196 8
11. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber 1:54.101 +5.385 9
12. CA Lance Stroll down Williams 1:54.637 +5.921 5
13. MX Sergio Perez Racing Point Force India 1:54.963 +6.247 6
14. FR Esteban Ocon Racing Point Force India 1:55.348 +6.632 6
15. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams 1:55.446 +6.730 8
16. ES Carlos Sainz jr Renault no time 2
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- “Charles Leclerc will be at Ferrari next year go for the title fight”
- Vettel: “Ferrari is not afraid of the rain”
- Renault is worried: “Honda invests much more in its engine”
- “Ferrari need to sort things out”
- Makes heavy crashed Pool a F1-comeback in 2019?